birding-aus

film of birds flying to back dance performance

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: film of birds flying to back dance performance
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 14:38:17 +0000
Good evening all.

The son of a friend is choreographing and dancing in a piece of work with
Restless Dance Company, and is looking for footage of birds flying that could
be projected behind the performers.

My friend writes: He has called it What Bird Is That? and it features seven
Australian birds, the brolga, red tailed black cockatoo, wedge tail eagle,
regent bowerbird, willie wag tail, lyrebird and white breasted sea eagle.

I have been trying to find open source footage of these birds, so it can be
projected on the back of the stage- but haven't had any luck.  Birds flying and
footage of iconic movement is what we are looking for. It is only a short dance
piece _ about ten - twelve minutes, so we wouldn't need much."

Does anyone have footage that this young man could use? Penny says the film
would be credited  in the program, and she will als ensure the owner would get
a copy of the dance piece as well".

Thanks

Denise Lawungkurr  Goodfellow
PO Box 71
Darwin River, NT, Australia 0841
043 8650 835

PhD candidate, Southern Cross University, Lismore, NSW.

Founding Member: Ecotourism Australia
Nominated by Earthfoot for Condé Nast’s International  Ecotourism Award, 2004.
Liaison Officer, NT Field Naturalists’ Club

With every introduction of a plant or animal that goes feral this continent
becomes a little less unique, a little less Australian.

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>