birding-aus

Public nest announcements

To: Chris Watson <>
Subject: Public nest announcements
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 01:51:23 +0000
Chris, are you referring to Jonny Schoenjahn's email here of 23/7/16? I took
that as a request for people to keep their distance, and to wait till eggs are
hatched (September was suggested), but I don't think there was a request for
secrecy, or to stay away altogether.

I don't think there's has been much discussion of the birds here, so perhaps
that's why there's been no reaction. I've seen photos on Facebook, but didn't
pay much attention. If people have been getting that close to active nests then
it shouldn't go unmentioned. Do you know if there's been evidence of nests
being abandoned?

Peter Shute

Sent from my iPad

On 20 Sep. 2016, at 9:45 am, Chris Watson