birding-aus

Bird call recognition apps.

To: 'Graeme Chapman' <>, "" <>
Subject: Bird call recognition apps.
From: Tony Russell <>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 00:31:31 +0000
I have never used any gadgets for recording birdsongs. Why don't you just go
out there and listen and learn them with the ears and brain that nature has
given you. You don't need any electronic mimicry. When I've been to new
areas the very first thing I've done has been to listen to a call then find
the bird. Then call it back yourself. Do this a couple of times and you've
got it. If you want to call up birds learn the calls and make them yourself.
It's just lazy to do anything else.

Tony, bird whisperer.