birding-aus

drones for birders

To: 'Paul Dodd' <>, "" <>
Subject: drones for birders
From: Tony Russell <>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 22:56:36 +0000
Thank you Paul, I just knew someone would can my latest brainstorm. I'm sure
you are correct in regard to most of your comments, however I have found a
drone which goes for about 28 minutes at a max distance of some  5 km before
returning home. I would expect only line of sight contact and the other
shortcomings you mention.
I was really only flying a kite with my query so maybe I should stick to
kites.

Tony.