birding-aus

48 hours in Sulawesi: Tangkoko

To: Charles Hunter <>
Subject: 48 hours in Sulawesi: Tangkoko
From: Marie Tarrant <>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 07:41:32 +0000
Thanks for that Charles it brought back some great memories for me too of
northern Sulawesi and birding Tangkoko Reserve in 2011.   I'd been staying
at nearby Pulisan Jungle Beach Resort (fantastic snorkelling) and was able
to make arrangements to get to Tangkoko by boat where I'd pre-arranged to
be  met on the beach by a terrific local bird guide 'Bobby'.  I rode
pillion on his motorbike to Bobby's birders accommodation 'Tangkoko Lodge'
and he was my guide around Tangkoko forest for a couple of days before I
got a car to Manado and then Bunaken Island for more birding and
snorkelling.

It's a fantastic birding destination and easier to do than you might think.

Marie Tarrant

On 10 June 2016 at 17:10, Charles Hunter via Birding-Aus <

--
Marie Tarrant
Kobble Creek,  Qld