birding-aus

Tallawarra Ash Ponds Lake Illawarra

To: "" <>
Subject: Tallawarra Ash Ponds Lake Illawarra
From: Terrill Nordstrom <>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 13:38:50 +0000
It has been reported to members of our committee that some birders from
Sydney have been trying to gain access to Tallawarra Ash Ponds by claiming
that they are members of Illawarra Birders. Tallawarra is a restricted site
which is owned by Energy Australia and entry is not permitted to the
general public. Any person that enters the site must have completed their
induction and obtain a key from the office which must be signed for. It was
reported to us that a Sydney birder stated that he was a member of a local
bird club, but when they questioned him about the club and asked him to
name some members he was unable to do so, he than became quite rude when
they refused him entry onto the site. We have been told that this is not
the first time that this has happened and they are now quite upset, we had
to ensure them that they are not members of our club, as our members know
the rules concerning entry onto the site. Illawarra Birders have been
working for the past five years with Energy Australia and we don't want our
hard work and reputation destroyed by a few irresponsible birders. Any
birders are welcome on our field day walks at Tallawarra, our next walk
will be held on the 31st of July, check our web page for time and meeting
place closer to the date. Contact us if you want to go on site at any other
time as some of our members may be able to take you around, but please do
not jump the fence because the area is patrolled by guards and trespassing
on this land is prohibited.

 Terrill Nordstrom President Illawarra Birders
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>