birding-aus

Global Big Day 14 May 2016

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Global Big Day 14 May 2016
From: Laurie Knight <>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 08:04:49 +0000
For those of you who like to participate in global birding events, your next
opportunity is in a couple of weeks -
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/wp-content/uploads/sites/55/Taking-Part-in-Global-Big-Day.pdf

It could be an interesting opportunity for a bit of twitchathon practice
(without the twitchathon rules - I believe it would be midnight to midnight).
In a recent email, I see that "Cornell Lab of Ornithology’s ace birding team,
the Sapsuckers, will be heading to Colorado in an all-out effort to see at
least 205 bird species in 24 hours”.  It might be an interesting benchmarking
exercise …

Regards, Laurie.
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list