birding-aus

Off topic: RFI Platypus SW Victoria

To: Helga Kieskamp <>, "" <>
Subject: Off topic: RFI Platypus SW Victoria
From: Steve Potter <>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 00:45:07 +0000
Hi Helga,
A friend of mine that runs a servo in Mt Gambier hires canoes and does tours
down the Lower Glenelg River from Casterton (I think). They see Platypus
regularly and plenty of them.
I’m not sure of the cost but I can fine out if you like. Thus is not a
strenuous tour as it is one way and you simply allow the river to take you down
stream that way the animals are not disturbed. His wife serves a nice lunch at
the end.
Let me know if you require more detail.

Steve Potter
Bird Tours SA