birding-aus

RFI Phalarope @ Ballina

To: Colin R <>, birding-aus <>
Subject: RFI Phalarope @ Ballina
From: Steve <>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 09:02:23 +0000
Hi Colin & others,
The Red-necked Phalarope was back again at Flat Rock, this afternoon.
It was there when I arrived at 5:15pm, it briefly departed out to sea for
about 5-10mins before returning, then disappeared about 5:55pm. I stayed
until 6:40pm, without finding it again.
It was mostly trying to roost/sleep on the rock & in shallow rock pools, but
was subject to disturbance from people, dogs, & a rising tide washing onto
the rocks.

Cheers,
Steve McBride