birding-aus

Raft of birds

To: "" <>
Subject: Raft of birds
From: Michael Tarburton <>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 06:49:04 +0000
G’day Robin et al

It is possible.  As an early teenager, I used to see them come onto the Swan
River near Perth for a few months then head off again, all very close together
so probably as one or two flocks.  I think they would only move 1 or 2 hundred
kilometres.

In PNG they would move from the coastal lakes at and around Pacific Adventist
University, up to the little ponds in Varirata N.P.   These were just a few
birds, not the large flocks we used to see in Western Australia.

Cheers

Mike

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list