birding-aus

Eurasian Hobby / Crested Honey-buzzard / Fork-tailed Swift

To: "" <>
Subject: Eurasian Hobby / Crested Honey-buzzard / Fork-tailed Swift
From: John Reidy <>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 06:43:06 +0000
Hi All.

I visited Perth with the aim of seeing the first two. Visited both sites
on Wednesday 17 Feb. Saw about 10 FTS at South Lake and about 20 at Lake
Joondalup but not the target species. Visited both sites again on
Thursday - zip. On Friday at about 8:00 am saw the Hobby so headed back
up toLake Joondalup and gave up at about 2:00 pm. I was flying out that
evening.

There was a raptor at Lake Joondalup which flew low in front of the
reeds which I saw as it was departing on the Wednesday which could have
been the bird but I didn't see the under side of the bird.

I want to thank Graham, Steve, Wayne and Phil for their company at
different times, help and suggestions. There were a couple of dog
walkers at Lake Joondalup who new all about and had seen the
Honey-buzzard who were helpful too.

I didn't hear about the Eurasian Curlew at Bunbury until I got home.

Happy Birding!

--
John Reidy

<HR>