birding-aus

Advertisement? Sort of...

To: Andrew Thelander <>
Subject: Advertisement? Sort of...
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 03:31:28 +0000
Birding is popular on the subcontinent with predictions of up to 10 million
birders in the next few years.  Indeed birding is becoming quite popular
throughout all of Asia.

Denise Lawungkurr  Goodfellow
PO Box 71
Darwin River, NT, Australia 0841
043 8650 835

PhD candidate, Southern Cross University, Lismore, NSW.

Founding Member: Ecotourism Australia
Nominated by Earthfoot for Condé Nast’s International  Ecotourism Award, 2004.

With every introduction of a plant or animal that goes feral this continent
becomes a little less unique, a little less Australian.

On 25 Jan 2016, at 12:52 pm, Andrew Thelander <> wrote:

> Hi Don
>
> I think birds are big on the Indian subcontinent among the new middle class.
> For example, the “I love birds” Facebook page seems to have a lot of bird
> photographer members from that area. The page has some wonderful photography
> and the members are very knowledgeable about their local birds. Let’s face it
> … the love of birds is a universal phenomenon.
>
> Regards
> Andrew
>
>> On 25 Jan 2016, at 1:14 PM, Donald G. Kimball <> wrote:
>>
>> As part of my fledgling tour business I have a facebook page like most.
>> https://www.facebook.com/Avian-Discovery-Tours-675273582584369/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
>>
>> Here is the unusual part and where I am scratching my head.  I noted in the
>> stats just who IS  interested in a site featuring tours to Australia and
>> with lots of pictures of Aussie birds.  Okay go ahead and guess which
>> country on the globe is the most interested.  I bet you will be wrong...
>> Here's the stats:
>> 74 percent are men and they are from Pakistan followed by India then USA.
>> Aussies show up 6th on the list.
>>
>> Does anyone have even a slight clue why folks from Pakistan and India would
>> want to know about Aussie parrots and other birds?
>>

> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
> <BR>
> </HR>