birding-aus

Gold Coast Spit ramifications of fire at Federation Walk last November

To: "" <>
Subject: Gold Coast Spit ramifications of fire at Federation Walk last November
From: Judy Leitch <>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 00:11:14 +0000
Hi all,

Pre-dawn cloud cover obscured a possible sighting of the five planets from
the Gold Coast Spit today.

However, a total of 14 Australian Brush-turkeys in small groups (between
4-6) hopping up, around and through the seaway rocks was amazing!

Personally, I have never seen more than 2 Australian Brush-Turkeys together
at any one time.

Of course, there are many Australia Brush-Turkeys situated through
Federation Walk and as there was a large fire in November,  I'm guessing the
birds are not finding sufficient food in the area.

With the current discussion on feeding, I'm wondering what a solution could
be?

Regards,

Judy

<HR>