birding-aus

My future trip reports (B-A decline)

To: Jenny Spry <>
Subject: My future trip reports (B-A decline)
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 03:28:35 +0000
If - perhaps that should be when - the next mega-rarity turns up at
Wollumboola base, the accommodation options mentioned by Jenny are full
there is a very good caravan park at Greenwell Point
<http://www.anglersrest.com.au/>, next town up the coast.  There are also
some nice tidal mud flats there with plenty of shorebirds.

Martin

Martin Butterfield
http://franmart.blogspot.com.au/

On 13 January 2016 at 13:38, Jenny Spry <> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have received a lot of kind feedback on my trip reports but I still don't
> want to return to placing them on B-A for all the reasons I and Paul Dodd
> have commented on. The best compromise I can come up with that will work
> for me is that I will email B-A every time I put up a new entry on my blog.
> This way only people interested in my travels, twitching and Meat Pie and
> Vanilla Slice revues etc (smile), need read them. People who are offended
> by my twitching, listing and occasional spelling and grammar errors need
> not be offended by them.
>
> I did consider just cross-posting the text portion of my blog to B-A with a
> disclaimer at the top of the report. "Please do not read if you are
> offended by twitching, listing and occasional spelling and grammar errors"
> but I can not be bothered, and anyway people may read the report anyway.
>
> My blog (link below) has been running now for some four years and has the
> same content that I used to post to B-A. I never read the comments posted
> to it so please don't use this facility and expect a reply. To further
> protect myself I will not reply to any email from anyone who has given me a
> hard time in the past; these emails will go directly to my spam folder so,
> thanks to the magic of gmail, I won't even see them in my inbox.
>
> The B-A archives may suffer, yes, but I will attempt to include enough
> information in my header so that the archive retrieval system can find my
> postings. I will happily reply to emails from anyone who wants further
> information on any of the Blog content so please feel free to email and
> ask.
>
> And for anyone interested I have just put up a blog on our drive to twitch
> the Paradise Shelduck.
>
> And if you have plans to travel the coast south of Sydney do include a
> night at the Culburra Beach Motel or caravan park. Lake Wollumboola and
> surrounds are full of waders, terns and bush birds and it is now famous for
> turning up rare vagrants, the White-rumped Sandpiper in Feb 2014 and now
> the Paradise Shelduck and Hudsonian Godwit. What will its next MEGA be?
>
> cheers and thanks again for the kind comments and feedback on my past
> postings
>
> Jenny
> http://jenniferspryausbirding.blogspot.com.au/
> <HR>