birding-aus

Request for Access to WTP (No. 2) and RFI SW Melbourne

To: "" <>
Subject: Request for Access to WTP (No. 2) and RFI SW Melbourne
From: Peter Ewin <>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 06:43:20 +0000
Evening all
Harvey has beaten me to the punch, and as promised here is a RFI to test the
non-decline of Birding-Aus (unlike Harvey I won't post to the FaceBook website
unless I get desperate).
I am also visiting Melbourne in a few weeks - we have booked a holiday house in
South Werribee (may be a mistake but the price was right...) and this is not a
part of the world I have spent much time in. We are there for the extended
Australia Day long weekend - arriving Friday the 22nd and departing around
lunch time on the 26th.
I have three questions to ask:
Similar to Harvey, I have never visited the world famous Werribee Treatment
Plant and so would be keen to tag along with anyone who is likely to be
visiting over that period. Given I can really only afford a morning (I can only
escape the three kids for so long) it may not be possible, but if anyone could
help it would be appreciated. Happy to fill out any required paperwork
beforehand, and I am flexible on days, but might be easier on Sunday or
Monday.Looking at a map there are a number of locations that regularly appear
on Birding-Aus as potential birding sites that appear relatively close (Point
Cook, Altona, etc.) Are there family friendly locations around some of these
sites that can distract the kids while I sneak off for an hour or so?Werribee
Zoo is nearby - is this worth a visit with the family?I am still running my
annual list (between March and February - don't ask) so I would be interested
in a few things in the general vicinity if anyone has pointers (Fieldwren,
Greensha
 nk(!), Crakes, Avocet, Pacific Gull, Black-faced Cormorant?) - these may be
common in the area (or at WTP) so if this is the case let me know.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Peter

<HR>