birding-aus

Paradise Shelduck - NSW

To: James Mustafa Jazz Orchestra <>
Subject: Paradise Shelduck - NSW
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 07:17:40 +0000
Damn.

Dipped on the Hudwit yesterday and very confident that the Shelduck I saw
yesterday standing on a sandbar was a std Australian version.  I foresee
another 400+km twitch in my future (what is this thing called carbon
footprint?).

It is interesting that, from conversation yesterday, Hudwits are apparently
more common in Kiwiland than here.  Perhaps they were both blown here in
the same event.

Martin

Martin Butterfield
http://franmart.blogspot.com.au/

On 30 December 2015 at 17:09, James Mustafa Jazz Orchestra <
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> For those not on Facebook, a Paradise Shelduck has been identified at Lake
> Wollumboola - the same place as the Hudsonian Godwit and the White-rumped
> Sandpiper from earlier in the year. It appears to have been present for the
> last few days but has gone unnoticed since today due to the Hudsonian
> Godwit attention.
>
> I believe the immediate consensus is that the bird is a wild one versus an
> escapee. Apparently all 6 captive birds have been accounted for and this
> bird is unbounded and capable of flight.
>
> See this link for more details:
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/718576241555767/
>
> I'm sure a BirdLine report will be posted soon and someone who's seen the
> bird can fill us all in with a bit more detail.
>
> Happy Twitching!
> James Mustafa
> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list