birding-aus

RFI Oz Spotted Crake

To: Birding-aus NEW <>, Terry Witt <>
Subject: RFI Oz Spotted Crake
From: Maris Lauva <>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 01:48:44 +0000
In Perth Lake Claremont could be good. I saw one a week or so ago. Try the
Eastern shore directly opposite the golf course car park on the Western shore.
Last year there were all 3 Crakes but this year I haven't seen Baillons yet.

Best spot near Perth I know of is my friends' Lifestyle Village on Old Mandurah
Rd. Look for old Tuarts along the road (Pretty busy though, pick your spot if
you want to stop.)  Turn off the Freeway at Kulija Rd, OLd Mandurah Rd a couple
of Km along. Nearby is Childrens' Forest reserve on Baldivis Rd. Little bit
North Wellard Wetlands occasionally. Further south Lake McLarty south of
Mandurah although now dry had Regents last week. Also Greenlands Rd leading
towards McLarty.