birding-aus

Advertisement: Mitchell Plateau charter for Black Grasswren tour: 5 June

To: "" <>
Subject: Advertisement: Mitchell Plateau charter for Black Grasswren tour: 5 June 2016
From: Patricia Maher <>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 00:26:55 +0000
Mitchell Plateau charter for Black Grasswren 5 June 2016
As per previous years, Australian Ornithological Services runs a one-day
charter to the Mitchell Plateau at the end of our Top End tour. It involves
fixed-wing to the Mitchell Plateau airstrip and then helicopters to the
campground. This day is not part of our commercial Top End tour in that we
don¹t charge our Top End participants, or the Œoutsiders¹ who elect to join
them, any professional guiding fee for the day, indeed, it is more often
than not, subsidized by AOS. The cost of the charters is divided among those
participating. If we get ten birders going, the cost will be around $950
each. The benefit to AOS is that with others sharing the charter costs, it
lowers the cost for our Top End participants. The plane booked is a Cessna
208B Grand Caravan (13 seats) and the helicopters are six-seat LongRanges.
Depending on final numbers, we may take a smaller plane. Payload prohibits
us taking more than ten birders. Black grasswren, Kimberley honeyeater, and
the yellow-eyed form of partridge pigeon are the key birds for the day. It¹s
also a spectacular flight. At this point, we'll take four non-Top End tour
participants' names for the Mitchell Plateau charter.

http://www.philipmaher.com/TopEnd2016itinerary.html

Regards

Patricia Maher
http://www.philipmaher.com/LatestNews1htm.htm