birding-aus

RFI Sooty Owl pref greater Sydney area

To: "" <>
Subject: RFI Sooty Owl pref greater Sydney area
From: Jenny Stiles <>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 07:35:54 +0000
Hi Birders,
After several years of periodic attempts we have not yet seen a Sooty Owl
although we have heard them at several locations [but mainly south end of Lady
Carrington at Royal National Park]. My husband soon has to undergo major
surgery which will clip our wings for a quite a while so I am hoping to make
one more attempt before this.

Can anyone recommend a likely place to try? I know there is no definite place!
We are quite prepared to stay over night so a reasonable distance from Sydney
is fine.

If this fails sometime next year when we are able again I will jump to fly to
wherever seems the best place to try so interstate & further afield suggestions
are very welcome too.

Thank you!

Jenny Stiles, Sydney

<HR>