birding-aus

Counting birds in my backyard

To: "" <>
Subject: Counting birds in my backyard
From: Kerry Firkin <>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 01:04:08 +0000
Good Morning

I have been counting birds in my backyard since September this year until to
the end of October

I never seen so many Rainbow Lorikeets  Magpies Corellas and Pheasants
Channel Cuckoos I even had  variegated  honey eater drop in Kookaburras Pink
and Greys, Sulpha-Crested cockatoos, Pew Wees

One thing surprised  me is that the Channel Cuckoos come in pairs and the
male is very protective of the female They were on  a tree next door to me
so I was able to take photos of them being attacked by the noisy miners and
the Lorikeets

One thing I have notice as well is the Lorikeets are pest to the other Birds
I have been feeding meat to a Kookaburra with one eye and the lorikeets
attack the poor thing by pulling it's tail or pecking it on the foot I did
not know they even liked meat

Regard Kerry Firkin

6 The Yardarm Corlette NSW 2315

<HR>