birding-aus

RFI - the south-west

To: "" <>
Subject: RFI - the south-west
From: Craig Doolan <>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 02:27:00 +0000
Hello all,

I’m heading over to south-west Western Australia in mid-November for my
first ever visit for the state. I will be there for work but think I have
worked in three full days birding before returning. I’ve checked out Frank
O’Connor’s website but am hoping for a few recent tips on some specific
species. I’m planning on heading straight to Cheynes Beach and then back to
Perth via Stirling Ranges (just briefly) and Dryandra, and possibly Wungong
Gorge, depending on how I’m going with the endemics at that point.

   -

   I will be on Rottnest Island – would there be any Roseate Terns there
   that time of year? Any good sites for Rock Parrot?
   -

   Any specific good locations at the Stirling Ranges for Southern
   Scrub-robin and Western Fieldwren?
   -

   Good spots generally for Red-eared Firetail and Elegant Parrot?
   -

   Any recent Cheynes information on the big three there?

Please respond to

Thanks,

Craig
<HR>