birding-aus

Lord Howe Island Song Thrush

To: "" <>, "'Keith & Lindsay'" <>, 'Birding Aus' <>
Subject: Lord Howe Island Song Thrush
From: Peter Ewin <>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 07:38:56 +0000
On my last trip to LHI a few years ago I saw a Song Thrush at the airport just
after we arrived (we had to wait about half an hour while part of the group got
transferred to accommodation) and no others.
This was my third trip to the island, and they definitely appear to be less
common and/or more secretive than on previous trips. Wish the same could be
said for Blackbirds!
Cheers,
Peter

> To: ;
> Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 10:13:57 +1100
> Subject: Re: [Birding-Aus] Lord Howe Island Song Thrush
>
> Hi All,
>
> In September 2007, we found a pair of song thrush among some banyans in what
> is the car park area for Milky Way Apartments, at the very north end of the
> settlement. They were secretive, but easy to get close to once seen.
>
> We returned to Lord Howe in December 2013, and again found a single song
> thrush at exactly the same location.
>
> We saw no others on either holiday.
>
> Hope this helps anyone who is going in future.
>
> Carl Weber

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>