birding-aus

Companions sought for birding trips to Cambodia, Philippines, Vietnam (o

To: Birding-aus NEW <>
Subject: Companions sought for birding trips to Cambodia, Philippines, Vietnam (or perhaps China) for March, April, May, June 2016.
From: Michael Kearns <>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 07:30:49 +0000
Hi all,
I have just got 4 months holiday for March through June 2016* and I am planning
on visiting Cambodia, the
Philippines, and Vietnam and/or China during this time to look for as many of
the endemics and specialities
(especially endangered species) as time and a limited budget allows.
I am looking for other birders who would like to travel with me to share costs
and find more birds.
In order to save money I intend to travel mostly by public transport and
minimize the use of guides, along roughly
the same lines as the trips in the following trip reports:

Radstaak Jan-Mar 2013
Philippineshttp://www.cloudbirders.com/tripreport/show/15504/22799
Joshua Bergmark  Jan-Feb 2015  mostly Cambodia and
Vietnamhttp://www.cloudbirders.com/tripreport/show/16240/22704
Peter Collaerts Jun-Jul 2013
Chinahttp://www.cloudbirders.com/tripreport/show/12629/21010
I am willing to spend a bit more money on quicker transport etc if travelling
with someone else reduces the cost
enough to fit my budget.
I don't have any set plans yet about when to visit each country, but I will
probably decide on firmer plans within
the next month. This would depend mainly on when anyone who wants to travel
with me wants to go, however I think
the best times for each country would be:
Cambodia - MarchVietnam (south/central) - March-AprilVietnam (northern)    -
April-MayPhilippines           - March-AprilChina                 - May-June

(I am just about to leave on a holiday within Australia for 2 weeks, so I
probably won't be able to reply to any
messages in detail until I get back.)

*I am currently planning to leave Australia on Feb 27th 2016 and arrive back on
3rd July 2016, but these dates
could probably be changed a bit to fit in with someone else.

If you are interested, please email me and let me know.
Cheers,Michael Kearns
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>