birding-aus

RFI Iron Range/FNQ - any recent info appreciated

To: "" <>
Subject: RFI Iron Range/FNQ - any recent info appreciated
From: Martin Cake <>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 02:11:17 +0000
Hi all

There seems to have been a few expeditions to Iron Range lately and we are
joining the club in a few weeks in early November.

We would greatly appreciate any up-to-date info on any of the harder-to-find
species around Iron Range, also the wet tropics endemics in the tablelands. We
will be focussing on Julatten/Mt Lewis in the Cairns area.

Specifically we would love any tips or recent gen on the following:

IRON RANGE
Fawn-breasted Bowerbird
Northern Scrub Robin
Red-bellied Pitta (long shot in Nov obviously)
Spotted Whistling-duck
(also any general tips or recent info on conditions etc)

MUSGRAVE AREA
Red Goshawk
Golden-shouldered Parrot

FNQ/TABLELANDS
King Quail (also Red-chested Button-quail etc)
Rufous Owl
Oriental Cuckoo
Sarus Crane
Black-throated Finch
Little Kingfisher
Blue-faced Parrot finch (are they on Mt Lewis yet?)
Golden Bowerbird
Barred Cuckooshrike
Southern Cassowary
Helmeted Guineafowl (where are these most ‘tickable’?)
Eastern grass Owl
Pale-vented Bush-hen – any recent stakeouts much appreciated

Thanks in advance!
Martin & John
Perth WA

<HR>