birding-aus

X Breeding in the wild

To: "" <>
Subject: X Breeding in the wild
From: Graeme Bullock <>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 22:32:12 +0000
Interesting, and just to add to the list, fairly clear evidence of Green
rosella X Eastern here at Coles Bay/Swanwick in Tas. Anyone who wants images
please contact me offline
Graeme Bullock

Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 16:33:18 +1000
From: "Barney Enders" <>
To: <>

I recently went back to Reedy Swamp at Shepparton where I photographed a
cock Yellow Rosella feeding a Crimson Rosella hen which

he had called out of the hollow they were nesting in last year, I found him
again feeding her but could not find any of last year's young around the
area.

Is this a common occurrence and if so what are the colours of the young, do
they look like Adelaide Rosella's which can vary from very light
(Yellowish)to

dark colours  (Reddish- Orange) in the orchards in the Adelaide Hills ?

Do they interbreed further down the Murray or don't the Crimsons exist
further downstream ?

I have seen plenty of Crimsons and Eastern crosses and there are several
pairs of Eastern x Pale-headed crosses on the Gold Coast.

Galah X Corella  used to be seen around Echuca years ago and there is a
flock of several birds of Galah x Corellas I photographed at Denmark W A

Many Major Mitchells,  Sulphur-crested Cockatoos and  Corella crosses can be
found in aviaries around the country including a Red-rumped X Adelaide
Rosella

once bred by mistake in an aviary.

Most Neophemas x breed in aviaries which is a pity and Princess have been
crossed with Regents In W A, Red-rumped and Mulgas will breed if kept in the
same

aviary which often happens in Zoos etc.

Regents and Red-winged Parrots will interbreed also if housed with each
other.

Barney.

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list