birding-aus

How has the Night Parrot survived in south-west Queensland?

To: 'robert morris' <>
Subject: How has the Night Parrot survived in south-west Queensland?
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 22:27:27 +0000
Again it's a difficult comparison. I'm guessing your potential
discovery/rediscovery wasn't the result of a long search for that particular
species (fill me in if I'm wrong), but what else is it about Night Parrots that
captured everyone's attention?

It seems like I regularly see news about a new species being discovered in a
remote jungle somewhere, but it passes almost without comment. Perhaps it's
because the Night Parrot is a land species, and lots of us have passed through
potential habitat, with the possibility of a sighting in the back of our minds.
Or participated in or read about the expeditions searching for it. Add to that
the many reported possible sightings over the years, and it has become a legend.

Peter Shute

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>