birding-aus

How has the Night Parrot survived in south-west Queensland?

To: Peter Shute <>
Subject: How has the Night Parrot survived in south-west Queensland?
From: robert morris <>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 22:35:48 +0000
Ornithological Discoveries - The work Paul Walbridge, Dave Stewart, myself and
a few others elsewhere are doing on this as yet unidentified Storm-Petrel will
be a major event - once we have more data. This is work in progress - it's
either a long lost rediscovery (Lined Storm-Petrel - last seen & collected in
the mid 1800s) or a totally new species. Watch this space - approximately 40
birds have been sighted and one examined in the hand. More field work is
planned for early 2016.

Rob

Sent from my iPad

<HR>