birding-aus

Snipe and Eastern Curlews

To: "" <>
Subject: Snipe and Eastern Curlews
From: KANE Gary <>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 23:52:32 +0000
In the last week I have seen two species of migratory birds around Brisbane.
Is it more likely that they have been overwintering or are they early arrivals?
On Wed 12 Aug I saw two Eastern Curlews on the mudflats at Myora Springs on
North Stradbroke Island and on Sun 16 Aug I saw a Snipe (probably Latham's) at
Oxley Common. The Snipe was at the first lagoon on the right, on the way to
Pelican Lake. It was just walking around on the muddy edge with the
Black-fronted Dotterels.

Gary Kane
0412 423 023
<>

------------------------------
The information in this email together with any attachments is intended only
for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. There is no waiver of any confidentiality/privilege
by your inadvertent receipt of this material.
Any form of review, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication
of this email message is prohibited, unless as a necessary part of Departmental
business.
If you have received this message in error, you are asked to inform the sender
as quickly as possible and delete this message and any copies of this message
from your computer and/or your computer system network.