birding-aus

Paradise Riflebird & photographs RFI

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Paradise Riflebird & photographs RFI
From: Phil Gregory <>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 00:42:00 +0000
I am currently working on species accounts for an identification guide to Birds
of Paradise and Bowerbirds, and whilst revising my account for the Paradise
Riflebird I find I am missing two pieces of information, neither of which I can
source in the literature:

Firstly, at what height levels at the song posts of the male? I can estimate
from my own observations but would like input from those with wider expertise.
Secondly what is the maximum height the species occurs? I know it's at
Lamington and Barrington Tops, so does 1000 m to perhaps 1500 m sound
reasonable?
I also note historical records in Hanzab from the Rockhampton area, which makes
me think there was an outlying relict population, now long since gone.

Finally and in conjunction with the above project, I am looking for good
quality photographs of birds of paradise and bowerbirds; we can offer a small
payment and for those with several contributions probably a free copy of the
book in due course. Please contact me direct if you can help with any of the
above
Thanks

Phil Gregory

ornithological writer/ bird guide/ tour organizer

Email:
Website 1: Http://www.sicklebillsafaris.com
Website 2: Http://www.cassowary-house.com.au

<HR>