birding-aus

RFI - Bohol - Philippines

To: birding aus <>
Subject: RFI - Bohol - Philippines
From: Thomas Wilson <>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 03:46:38 +0000
Hi All
I will be fortunate enough to be visiting Bohol Island in the Philippines in
late-October for a work-related conference.  I am hoping that I will be able to
add on at least one day of personal time to fit in some birding at the end of
my trip before heading back to Sydney.  While I know it is a bit more expensive
that going it alone, I am looking for any recommended guides that could do a
day trip (or 2 days possibly depending on how flight connections might work).
I have never been to any part of the Philippines before but will have limited
time. In prior trips to Delhi and Chiang Mai where I had similar time
limitations, I found a guide who knew the calls and the good spots helped me
make the most of the time I did have.

I have seen the name of Ryan Sugala on some trip reports, so he may be an
option but any others would also be of interest.

I will almost definitely not have time for a longer Philippines-wide tour and I
have no discretion over the time of year I visit.

If I also ended up with a day to spare in Manila, would there be any
recommendations of sites that may be easy to reach from the centre and/or a
guide that could assist there?

I am working in the assumption that the best field guide/book to have is "A
Guide to the Birds of the Philippines" by Kennedy, Gonzales et al.

Cheers
Tom Wilson

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list