birding-aus

Questions from a foreign birder

To: "" <>
Subject: Questions from a foreign birder
From: James Purcell <>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 05:44:58 +0000
Hello!

I'm from the United States, and I'm staying in Katoomba, New South Wales,
for the next few weeks, and was wondering if anybody might be able to give
me some advice as to where I might be able to see these species in the
greater Sydney / Blue Mountains / central NSW area. Any help for any of
these would be greatly appreciated! (I apologize for the long length of the
list)

Emu
Musk Duck
Pink-eared Duck
Great Crested Grebe
Peaceful Dove
Brown Cuckoo-Dove
Topknot Pigeon
Common Bronzewing
Brush Bronzewing
Tawny Frogmouth
Intermediate Egret
White-bellied Sea-Eagle
Wedge-tailed Eagle
Buff-banded Rail
Glossy Black-Cockatoo
Little Lorikeet
Eastern Rosella
Red-rumped Parrot
Powerful Owl (we've heard there is a reliable pair that is possibly nesting
in Centennial Park in Sydney - does anybody have any further details about
this?)
Southern Boobook
Sooty Owl
Azure Kingfisher
Southern Emuwren
Yellow-rumped Thornbill
Weebill
White-eared Honeyeater
White-cheeked Honeyeater
Scarlet Honeyeater
Regent Honeyeater
Blue-faced Honeyeater
White-winged Chough
Jacky Winter
Australian Logrunner
Bassian Thrush
Double-barred Finch
Zebra Finch
Scaly-breasted Munia

On a slightly off-topic note, any good spots in the area mentioned above
for Platypus, Kangaroo, or Koala would also be great!

Thanks,

James Purcell
New York, USA
<HR>