birding-aus

Re Boulia Area.

To: "" <>
Subject: Re Boulia Area.
From: Barney Enders <>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 07:41:21 +0000
There are quite a few birds in the Boulia area including Chats, Gibber
Bird,Spino's  Bustards, Buzzards, Brolgas etc with the odd Grey Falcon etc
the

only other bird that is a bit different to the norm is the Yellow Chat
further South seen occasionally at Bedourie.

There were some big mobs of Flock Pigeons in the area a couple of years ago
but they move about a fair bit and Letter-winged Kites were

nesting in the area when the Native Rat plague was on..

It depends a lot on the season (Drought in some areas )and the effects the
feral cats have had in the area.

Find a flowering Bloodwood or a quite water hole anywhere along your trip
and you might be surprised.

You will be going through some good birding spots on the way there and on
the way home from Mt Isa, throw in a couple of days up

North at Lawn Hill.

Give me a yell on my email and I might be able to give you some ideas.

Barney.

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>