birding-aus

Birding-Aus Digest, Vol 20, Issue 3

To: "" <>
Subject: Birding-Aus Digest, Vol 20, Issue 3
From: Michael Hunter <>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 03:41:32 +0000
Hi Carl,

              Yes, it is incredible to say the least, better than bins to ID
tiny birds at the limit of my 10x42s.

               Pinpoint auto focus.

                Will be using it more over the next 3 weeks under different
conditions which may test its limitations.

                 Main disadvantage is the weight, compared to my previous
Panasonic but the unbelievable zoom more than compensates. Even at max zoom the
image stabilisation works well, depending on how excited or boozed up you are.

            Not waterproof.

               As well, today I shot an Eastern Spinebill feeding on a scented
Camellia outside the kitchen window.  The Panasonic, and also a Canon tend to
focus on the glass, but the Nikon did not.

                (Yellow-faced and Lewin honeyeaters also feed on this small
pink Camellia, name unknown)

                 Not being a Camera buff or tech head I don't really know what
it can't do, but for the record shots I'm after, it is

Sent from my iPhone

> On 4 Jun 2015, at 2:00 am,  wrote:
>
> country. It is also common in cane grass

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>