birding-aus

Wattlebird aggression

To: "" <>
Subject: Wattlebird aggression
From: Bob Lake <>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 04:23:39 +0000
During the breeding season we find that in our south-east Queensland garden,
wattlebirds rule noisy miners. Small mobs of miners fluster and chase off most
other species, but little wattlebirds are real trouble. They do not, unlike
miners, harass other species for no reason but are focused and successful in
repelling any direct threats to their territory. In particular, they take real
exception to noisy miners.
Bob Lake
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list