birding-aus

golf ball in a nest

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: golf ball in a nest
From: Vader Willem Jan Marinus <>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 07:45:17 +0000
Although quite peripheral to this thread maybe, I  can't help telling you about
my experience back in 1980 (time flies!)  somewhere in the State of Washington,
USA: close to a golfcourse I stumbled across the nest of a Killdeer, that to my
great surprise contained two killdeer eggs and a golf ball! The bird defended
its nest vigorously, with all the tricks that plovers possess in this regard.

                                                               Wim Vader,
Tromsoe, Norway
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list