birding-aus

need help with another identification

To: "'Bill Stent'" <>, "'berenice pearcy'" <>
Subject: need help with another identification
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 15:13:31 +1000
Yes these are the 2 most likely species. Don't worry about not knowing
which, they are both so common you will see plenty more. The 2 can be easily
distinguished in silhouette with no colour. Kestrel flaps wings almost
equally above and below body, BsK flaps above the body level. BsK often has
legs obviously lowered and visible, Kestrel does not. Bsk is more likely to
have tail hanging lower than body. Kestrel is much slimmer.

Philip