birding-aus

? Shaw Park, SEQ

To: "" <>
Subject: ? Shaw Park, SEQ
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 13:18:13 +1000
While living in France for a while, we used to have aperitifs on a park bench
at the end of our cul de sac. The seat was under a street light, and regularly
attracted bats during the summer. It was quite entertaining to watch them zip
through the light after insects. They weren't averse to small pieces of cheese
thrown into the air under the light. Our neighbours thought we were a bit
crazy. Astute judges of character, the French.

Carl Clifford

> On 16 May 2015, at 9:01 am, ""
> <> wrote:
>
> Hi Judith,
> They are most likely to be microbats. Many species from my experiences
> footage around street lighting.
>
> They are great little creatures :-)
>
> Yours in all things "green"
>
> John Harris BASc, GDipEd
> Director - Wildlife Experiences P/L
> Principal Zoologist/Ecologist
> Nature Photographer
> Wildlife Guide
> Croydon, Vic
> 0409 090 955
>
> President, Field Naturalists Club of Victoria
> www.fncv.org.au

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>