birding-aus

Kimberley Birdwatchings 2015 Ashmore Reef trip; Reminder & Advertisement

To: <>
Subject: Kimberley Birdwatchings 2015 Ashmore Reef trip; Reminder & Advertisement
From: "Mike Carter" <>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 11:10:07 +1000
George Swann's Kimberley Birdwatching's 8 day/7 night annual trip to Ashmore
still has several vacancies that need to be filled to make this year's trip
viable. It will run about a week later than in recent years and will take a
different route. We leave from Broome early on 30 October and follow last
year's two-and-a-day sailing route to Ashmore Reef on which we saw ~500
Swinhoe's Storm-Petrels and  a Heinroth's Shearwater among the more usual
pelagic birds. After three days on the reef observing migrant shorebirds,
breeding seabirds and searching for vagrants, we head south-east to Browse
Island, one of the more remote and northerly islands in Western Australia.

After an early morning ashore there where we hope to find more vagrants we
commence our 32 hour journey back to Broome arriving late evening on the
eighth day.

George's email is   and his phone numbers
are (08) 9192 1246 and mobile 0429 706 800

Mike Carter, 03 9787 7136

30 Canadian Bay Road

Mount Eliza, VIC 3930, Australia

<HR>