birding-aus

Image test

To: John Leonard <>
Subject: Image test
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 23:58:58 +1000
Don't ever feel compelled to befriend anyone on Facebook. Sorry - it's not
called "befriending" any more - but I can't bring myself to use "friend" as
a verb .... Anyway, you only "FRIEND" (ouch) the people you want to
communicate with. My Facebook Friends are family, friends, and birders, but
are generally limited to people i actually know. I've received friend
requests from lots of work colleagues, but I ignore them.

Groups work a bit differently because you can see the posts and discussions
of people who are NOT your friends.

Storm's advice is good about adding personal information. Facebook will ASK
for loads of personal (and private) information. Don't give it to them! You
don't have to use a profile picture, and if you do, it can be a photo of
your favourite bird. Lots of people use their pets for their profile pic.
Mine is me - but other info, like my date of birth, is made up. That just
protects the sort of information that might otherwise be used for identity
hijacking. Not that I can understand why anyone else would want to be me

Russell Woodford
Geelong
Birding-Aus Owner

<HR>