birding-aus

ADVERT- Great "All Australian Species" Parrot Expedition 2016 and others

Subject: ADVERT- Great "All Australian Species" Parrot Expedition 2016 and others.
From: Mark Carter <>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2015 07:24:17 +0930
Hi All,
I'm just back from chasing Eyrean Grasswrens on my April Simpson Desert
Expedition been trying to catch up on recent threads regarding grasswrens,
parrots, bird tours etc. and its prompted me to write.

I operate guided birding and wildlife trips in Central Australia based out of
Alice Springs offering everything from general birding through to targeted
searches for hard species like Grey Honeyeater and Princess Parrot. Have a look
at my website http://www.birdingandwildlife.com
I already operate a 3 day 'all species' tour targeting all three species of
Whiteface departing Alice Springs which have proved popular- see
http://www.birdingandwildlife.com/great-whiteface-expeditions/ for details. For
many months I have been working on plans for more ambitious "all the species"
expeditions where we will bird hard to see all the species in a specified
group, namely Australian Parrots in 2016 (yes, all the species including the
hard outback ones), Australian Finches in 2016/17, Aussie Raptors in 2017 and
to an extent the Grasswrens (now coming to fruition in association with Peter
Waanders through his 2016 Great Grasswren Tour- go here to book onto this
groundbreaking expedition- http://sabirding.com/grasswren.html#all). I was
planning to get more details nailed down before going public as most of these
expeditions will be joint efforts teaming with other guides in their local
areas and land access has not been squared away for some key species yet.
However, as the conversations on these threads have drifted in that direction I
thought it probably best to put something out there now so people have an idea
of what I have in store. If you are interested in any aspect of this drop me a
line and I'll keep you updated.

I am a little confused as to when the word "advert" needs to be included in the
subject line so I've added it just to avoid provoking ire.

Anyway, thanks for reading and happy birding.

Regards

Mark Carter

Birding and Wildlife.com
T ++61 (0) 447358045