birding-aus

Collared Black Swans

To: "" <>
Subject: Collared Black Swans
From: David Richardson <>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 17:52:32 +1000
Yesterday, 4/5/2015/ I counted x23 Black Swans on the retarding basin at
Truganina Swamp , Altona. I counted another x93 on Laverton Creek
immediately adjacent to Truganina Swamp Reserve.

Among the 93 swans on Laverton creek next to Truganina Swamp where at least
x6 with neck collars.

I have been trying to open the myswan.org website to report the collar
numbers but it just will not open for me, so I am reporting them here in
hope the info gets through to the swan researchers.

At 11.55hrs-12.00hrs I noted several swans on Laverton Creek, Altona,
adjacent to Truganina Swamp. All where very close together and part of a
larger flock of 93 swans.
Collars I noted are;  S52, F45, F07, W17, P44, S67.

These swans often seemed to be swimming next to each other or in "swan
convoy "

David Richardson.
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list