birding-aus

Griffith results

To: <>
Subject: Griffith results
From: "Stephen" <>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 09:30:46 +1000
I am just back from a few days in Griffith. We went to Wattle Creek dam for
two afternoon until dark sessions and one dark to morning. Also, golf on the
course. Together with birds on the way up there I saw the following exciting
(for me) birds:

Yellow Rosella, Cockatiel, Mallee Ringneck, Mulga, Glossy Black Cockatoo,
Blue Bonnet, Major Mitchell's Cockatoo, Splendid Fairy-wren (male in
non-breeding colours, alas), Red-capped Robin, female Scarlet Robin, Yellow
Robin, Blue-faced Honeyeater, Pied Butcherbird.

We were thrilled by our success, but disappointed to dip on Turquoise
Parrots, which were the major quest. Firsts were Mulga Parrot and Splendid
Wren, and I'd not seen Mitchell's for 39 years!  There's a lot to be said
for going to known, productive places. I'll do more of it.

Thanks to all who helped and advised.

Stephen

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list