birding-aus

Norfolk Whistler

To: <>
Subject: Norfolk Whistler
From: Stephen Murray <>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 10:04:09 +1000
Hello all.

It looks like the IOC have suspended the split of Norfolk Whistler which was
expected in version 5.2. I may be wrong but I thought it was showing as AS
(Accepted split) in their "Proposed lumps and splits" section of their
website. It now shows as SSP (Suspended split?). I guess you shouldn't count
your armchair ticks until they hatch.  Strange to a layman like me that
Western Whistler,  which is described as cryptic species,  can get a
Guernsey,  but a taxa which has obvious differences can't.  It seems they
are waiting for more analysis (DNA?)

Steve Murray

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list