birding-aus

Yandina Creek Wetlands being Drained

To: Greg Roberts <>
Subject: Yandina Creek Wetlands being Drained
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 08:23:50 +1000
Greg, there have often been issues with URLs getting split, which I don't fully
understand, but in this case I think the fault lies with the program you used
to type the email. Looking at the headers of the original email received by the
list server, it looks like you used your ISP's webmail interface.

Like many email programs, it included both a plain text and a formatted HTML
version of the text you typed, but the plain text part had a dot missing in the
URL. The HTML part, which is most likely what you could see when you sent it,
was ok. The list server sends the plain text part of people's emails out to the
list members, so we only got to see the partial URL.

It's quite common for formatting to get messed up by this process, but not
common to have differences in the actual text like that. I've emailed the
author of your ISP's mail program, Atmail, to see if they can suggest anything
to prevent it happening.

Peter Shute

Sent from my iPad

> On 1 May 2015, at 7:11 pm, Greg Roberts <> wrote:
>

> I am sending this post again because for reasons which are obscure,
> the URL did not reproduce properly in the first one. I am not sure why
> birding-aus has ongoing issues with reproducing URLs but it is
> frustrating.

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>