birding-aus

Watching birds near Uluru

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Watching birds near Uluru
From: "Donald G. Kimball" <>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 23:56:34 -0700
Okay I confess I didnt quite make it to Uluru when I was filming parrots in
2008.  I did pull a fun one though.  I got out of the plane at Uluru en
route from Alice Springs to Cairns.   Hiked over the hills for about 3 km.
Filmed the Rock from a distance and then went back to collect my luggage.
The security guys looked real puzzled when I finally strolled through the
flight gate doors.  But I got my footage and never had to actually land at
Uluru.

I hear its a bit commercial now and I am wondering if the birding is worth
the bother.  I am thinking not much in the way of parrots either although
E-bird does report a few stray folks.  Any thoughts on this folks?

Thanks so much
www.aviandiscoverytours.com
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list