birding-aus

Glossy Black-Cockatoos

To: Andy Burton <>
Subject: Glossy Black-Cockatoos
From: Jayden Walsh <>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 15:48:18 +1000
Hi Joan,

All the places that Andy has listed are good and pretty reliable. As well
as the places mentioned before Jamieson Reserve in Narrabeen about 600m
from the south creek end of the track is quite good for them, I've seen 3
there a couple of times. Other than that they are present along the Morgan
rd in Garigal almost all year round but that area is very inaccessible and
occasionally turn up at Chiltern Trail.

Cheers Jayden

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 11:20 AM, Andy Burton <> wrote:

> Not easy. I recently saw a pair at NSW institute of sport on Wakehurst
> Parkway. Over the years have also seen them nearby at Deep Creek Reserve.
> Another good possibility is at the Kuringai Wildflower garden on Mona Vale
> Road, St Ives. There is a short track leading to some dry scrub on a
> sandstone ridge. From memory the track runs from the first car park next to
> the building. They feed in the Casuarinas.
>
> Andy
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> > On 8 Apr 2015, at 9:38 am, Joan Rosenthal <> wrote:
> >
> > There has been recent mention of Glossy Blacks at Berowra Valley Park,
> > Sydney. This is a frustrating Sydney area species that I've been unable
> > set eyes upon in my years of birding, and I would be grateful if anyone
> can
> > give me hints of likely places to look in April/May.
> > Joan Rosenthal
> > <HR>
> > <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
> > <BR>
> > <BR> To change settings or unsubscribe visit:
> > </HR>
>
> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
> <BR>
> </HR>

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain privileged
information
or confidential information or both. If you are not the intended recipient
please delete it and notify the sender.
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>