birding-aus

save the wildlife in Victoria

To: <>
Subject: save the wildlife in Victoria
From: "peter boyd" <>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 10:05:22 +1000
The twitchers in Victoria have a few years to get their
Save the Wildlife party organised.
Hereunder is the position of the Victorian upper house.
Liberal National Party     16 seats.
Australian Labour Party   14 seats.
Greens                          5 seats
Shooters & fishing party    2 seats
Sex  Party                    1 seat
Local jobs party                1 seat.
DLP party                     1 seat.
The Shooters party only got 2.4% of the vote in their region
and did deals to secure two quotas.
Sex party got 3.5%
Local job candidate got 1.3%
No party has the numbers in the upper house to carry the ban
on Duck and Quail shooting so it is up to twitchers to force the issue.
Hundreds of people feed the ducks on the lakes here at Caboolture and
the ducks eat out of the children's hands which is better than frying in the
oven.
Victorians love to get their photo taken with them.
When the Freckled Ducks came here during the dry season in their home patch
Jill and Ian Brown and I had to wake them up at North Lakes
to have their photo taken and they were still there when we moved on.
Peter Boyd

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>