birding-aus

Herald Petrels and vacancies on Port Stephens pelagic, Monday 30th March

To: "" <>
Subject: Herald Petrels and vacancies on Port Stephens pelagic, Monday 30th March
From: Mick Roderick <>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 01:20:45 +0000 (UTC)
 Hi all,
There have been 2 Herald Petrels seen off the east coast of Australia in the
past week, the first being on the Qld seamounts trip late last week, the second
being one off Eden on Sunday (where they also recorded a Kermadec Petrel). We
had our Sunday Port Stephens trip cancelled due to strong onshore winds and
with the weekend ahead being unavailable, I have moved the trip to Monday
coming (30th). This is our 6th year of Port Stephens pelagics and are yet to
miss a late March trip. We've had all sorts of great birds in late March,
including NZSP, Red-footed/Brown Boobies, White-bellied Stormy,
Tahiti/White-necked/Kermadec Petrels amongst others. Given those Herald Petrel
sightings, along with the cracking day that Eden had, seawatched Brown Boobies
off NSW on the weekend etc, it could be an interesting day.
Info on the trips is available on the SOSSA website (where you can also
navigate to trip reports).
http://www.sossa-international.org/forum/content.php?420-Port-Stephens-Pelagic-Trips

I have 2, maybe 3 vacancies at the moment. Let me know if you're interested.
Mick
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>