birding-aus

Scrunched Cats

To: Carl Clifford <>
Subject: Scrunched Cats
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 08:29:49 +1100
"I've always loved cats ... I didn't want to give up cats because I had birds
as well, and I loved having them in the environment, but now I can have both."

I'm a bit sceptical, and the quote above sounds like an irresponsible cat owner
who has been relieved of any feeling of guilt that might have led them to
confining their pets.

They field tested a US product called Birdbesafe. There's a page about the
tests on the Birdbesafe web site:
http://www.birdsbesafe.com/blogs/news/17139001-news-from-the-australian-field-study-of-birdsbesafe-covers

The study is here:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0168159115000222

I don't like the idea of these being pushed as an alternative to confinement,
but at least the cats will look stupid now.

Peter Shute

Sent from my iPad

> On 21 Mar 2015, at 2:21 am, Carl Clifford <> wrote:
>
> An interesting bit of research.
>
> http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-20/scrunchies-prevent-wildlife-death-study-finds/6337222
>
> Carl Clifford
>

> <HR>