birding-aus

Field Guide app for Ecuador and Peru

To: Dick Jenkin <>, 'Rob Gully' <>, "" <>
Subject: Field Guide app for Ecuador and Peru
From: Graeme Stevens <>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 11:54:29 +1100
Hi Rob,
I agree with Dick, it's a great and manageable field guide and I also found it
very satisfactory when there last Dec.
I found Amazon couldn't provide it at the time in case you have trouble finding
it - but had very satisfactory service from NHBS. That's of course if you don't
want to take the risk of finding it on arrival.
(Look forward to some  "sensory overload" with Hummers and Tanagers!)
Graeme Stevens

> To: ;
> Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 06:05:20 +1100
> Subject: Re: [Birding-Aus] Field Guide app for Ecuador and Peru
>
> Hi Rob
>
> Not sure about apps but when we were in Ecuador we purchased a field guide
> called "Fieldbook of the Birds of Ecuador including the Galapagos Islands"
> by Miles McMullan and Lelis Navarrete. It is a very compact book  (20cm x
> 12cm x 1.5cm deep) , smaller and lighter than Slater. The drawings are good
> and each bird has a distribution map , size and habitat details beside it.
> There are on average 8 species per page and species like gulls and raptors
> show different phases, underwing etc.
>
> I found it very useful.
>
> Have a good trip.
>
> Dick Jenkin